Heneral Luna [2015]

October 01, 2015
Cinema 12, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City

When making a movie review, you'll always think what happen and need to have your realization or even your enterpretation of the movie. That's the thing I don't like doing coz I don't know how to do it. I just went to a movie, to watched, picture picture then post it here.

After watching Heneral Luna, I tried to read some movie reviews from the professional movie reviewers. I kinda agree with Sergio Gabriel for being shame and pride being Filipino. Shame coz of the rampant crab mentality Filipino has. Pride coz despite the mistresses movies has been produced by big movie producers in the Country, there are others who's brave enough to come up with this. If its true that its going to be a trillogy, then I can't wait for the other 2 Philippine heroes to be seen on big screen soon. I heard the next is Gen. Gregorio del Pilar. Is it going to be Paulo Avelino (special participation in Heneral Luna as Gen. Gregorio del Pilar), I hope so.

I almost can't believe that it was a last full show. The long line for the movie was unbelievable, the fact that this was not on its first week, this was first shown to the public last September 9, 2015 and I could honestly say, I was surprised but then after the show, you would say, no wonder! It was a great movie experience. Not your tpyical movie you've always wanted but kinda refreshing movie you wanna watch.

What I like about this movie:

1. It's history
2. The actors, special mention to Archie Alemania
3. The sound effects (I caught myself shouting in surprised when the souldier has been shot at his nightwatch in his 'yosi time')

What I don't like about this movie:

1. It's history (yeah, I know, I mentioned it above)
2. The special effects (needs improvement)


List of movies that is based to the story of Philippine heroes that I know:

1. José Rizal (1998) - Starring Cesar Montano as Dr. Jose Rizal. Directed by Marilou-Diaz Abaya

2. Rizal sa Dapitan (1997) - Starring Albert Martinez as Jose Rizal. Directed by Tikoy Aguiluz

3. Lapu-Lapu (2002) - Starring Lito Lapid as Lapu-Lapu and Joyce Jimenez. Directed by William G. Mayo

4. Ang Paglilitis ni Andres Bonifacio (2010) - Starring Alfred Vargas as Andres Bonifacio, Lance Raymundo as Emilio Aguinaldo. Directed by Mario O'Hara

5. Jose Rizal: The First Hero (2012) - Documentary. Directed by Paolo Abella

6. El Presidente (2012) - Staring ER Ejercito as Emilio Aguinaldo. Directed by Mark Meily

7. Supremo (2012) - Starring Alfred Vargas as Andres Bonifacio. Directed by Richard Somes


I'd like to thank SM Lifestyle Entertainment Inc. for this free movie experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment